If you are a follower of jlangstore on social media, you probably saw that a couple of weeks ago J.LANG celebrated its 10 year anniversary. Wow! Can you even believe that? TEN years already!
During this journey, I’ve had the most amazing experiences… Designing more than 20 different collections, receiving two international awards, restoring Casa Torreón to be my atelier, meeting with China’s President on his official visit to Costa Rica, participating in 8 national and international runway shows, being a part of Miss Costa Rica’s judging panel twice, and having my work published at the most respectable media: CNN, Vogue, InStyle Magazine, Forbes, and Hola!
It’s been 10 exciting years, its true. However, what I value the most are the incredible people that I’ve had the chance to meet. Not only customers becoming friends, but also co-workers becoming family.
At the end of the day, the only thing that I can think of is ways of expressing my gratitude to all of those who in one way or another have been at my side all these years. My latest collection, Tributo, is dedicated to you!
And as a last gift, I want to share with you 10 valuable lessons I’ve learned in 10 years of designing for J.LANG:
- It’s never too late to do what you love
- Be kind to yourself and those around you
- Allow yourself to have dreams
- Don’t be afraid of change
- Details do matter
- Find happiness in little things in life
- Social Responsibility is not a trend, but a duty
- Never stop learning and evolving
- Embrace your individuality
- Learn from your mistakes and move on